To improve my Google Earth Story, I have updated few points based on principles of Multimedia Learning.

1. Based on the Pre-training Principle, I added a route line from my work location (1488 cook street) to UVic. On the Google Earth Story that I have created, I just label the several road signs. The route was not clear for the viewers, because they can not get enough information at the first time. Compare with the first version, the viewers can see the route more intuitively in a 2D map.
  2. Based on the Multimedia principle, I put few words and a photo for each point. Compare with few words, these landmark buildings on photos can help the viewers find their way easily.
  3. Based on the Signalling principle, I italicized the names of the road and I bolded the name of landmarks. I added the highlight on key information, to avoid people getting confused in the long description.
  4. In addition, I changed the symbol of each points, These symbols can tell viewers the function of these landmarks. (I put the symbol of school on the point of UVic and Camosun College).

The link to my Google Earth Story:

https://earth.google.com/earth/rpc/cc/drive?state=%7B%22ids%22%3A%5B%2219TF3JcRhGjc9qxc_iXvNTWxXuszhW4Rj%22%5D%2C%22action%22%3A%22open%22%2C%22userId%22%3A%22113215817751643243112%22%2C%22resourceKeys%22%3A%7B%7D%7D&usp=sharing