Because it is my birthday in 2 days, and Canva has the function of making birthday party invitations, so I chose to make a birthday invitation in this blog post. In my own experience, there are many good templates on Canva for my reference. In the end, I chose a clear and simple one to created in Canva.

I think the information needed for a birthday invitation letter needs: 1. Whose birthday  2. Date  3. Location  4. Contact information. The birthday invitation is a square, I put these indeed information on the four lines. Based on the Coherence principle because readers will only need to focus on the key information, I deleted all extraneous information.

Secondly is the Multimedia principle, I created a large twenty-five as a background. Because people learn better from pictures and words,  my guests could remember my age easily.

Last but not least is the signaling principle. I put the most important information at the center of the invitation latter, then I bolded it. In addition, I chose to use white as the color of the words. These words have a stronger contrast with the black background.  At the first time when my guests get the birthday invitation, they will notice the purpose of my inviting them.